Tuesday 9 November 2010

We have all said it...

...you know when you are at high school? At some point in some maths lesson (for me I think I was in Miss Summerfields class around year 10-ish) we have all said- "why do we need to learn this, we'll never use it when we're older". 
But finally the time has come for the maths teachers to prove me wrong.
All the paper drawings have used protractors and compasses to get them right and today as I move to the computer with my circular design all the degree and bearing maths lessons came into play. Thankfully I quite liked those lessons so it wasn't a bore to be doing them because I wanted to!
Anyway, here's the pictures for todays work. Like yesterday I managed to get in some variations.
Here's the laying out, degree perfect of course!  

 At this part of the design my Illustrator page looked very 80s. In fact I thought the image I saw below should have been recreated in neon lighting and put as a backdrop to Top of the Pops! Either way, it's only the framework for the hearts that  edge the design.

 Here I am checking the design again for faults, and there was one on the bottom right design.

When I do this I delete all the red lines which are to be traced leaving the black lines which are a cut through. Here zooming in you can see I would be having cuts in a join that would make that part of the design when cut a bit wobbly!

No comments: