Monday 15 November 2010

No I haven't been so unfortunate to have been punched in both eyes, I am just very tired!

Well, it's 2.20am and this is it. The designs are done and laid out ready for the trial run!!
It has been such a busy few weeks but nearly every day the same.
1. Wake up.
2. Have breakfast
3. Set up camp with laptop and graphics tablet on kitchen table (always moving the fruit bowl to the side, I can't be bothered to move it away or put it back!) 
4. Put the radio on (Radio 2. Ken Bruce is great, Jeremy Vines debates are very annoying but the music he plays do make up for it and Steve Wright keeps you going, especially the oldies- one day provided by an ADA secretary!)
5. At 5 o clock Simon Mayo comes on and I switch off. I move from the table for about an hour and a half to have dinner, I took this time to watch some telly, also getting hooked on Misfits by catching up on the first series on 4OD after reading an article in the Telegraph Magazine!
6. Around 6.30-ish back to the kitchen with Strictly it Takes Two on in the background! I stay here with various programmes on in the background until I have finished the days work. Generally around this time!

My telly habits have changed terribly, but I am hooked on Spooks and did occasionally turn round to see what was happening. I don't watch the X Factor, I don't want to be involved in such spin. Nor will I watch 'I'm a Celebrity'- or 'I am not a celebrity so put me in the jungle to think I've become one'.
I tweet less and blog more.
I don't want to know the ins and outs of everyones lives and I don't want to tell people mine. I am very drawn to living in the shadow. This blog is one of the outlets I will speak via. And in some way, in how I speak, what I speak about will be around the final part of my MA and what I am creating and what I'm doing whilst this is happening.
My Tumblr has had a few hiccups. The queue function failing so I now blog manually but this has worked in my favour with more activity and more people happening and seeing what I am blogging; my followers have increased at an interesting rate since this change.

SO, an update on the final phase of design...
Here's a nifty little thing in the process of being born. Quick though, all that fiddling with Illustrator in past projects has meant that technically I haven't had any issues, I've found my way round very quickly so the designs have been made at a fast but steady pace.


I blogged earlier about working in a certain area and being completely lost as to where I was. I had the same feeling again so I snapped it,  haven't got a clue where in the design I was at any point until I zoomed out. But I was in desolate looking lands wasn't I!?

Finally, a design that was in the bag over the summer period has been refreshed.

So now, I can figure out what colours I want and potentially order the acrylic, order the chain (find supplier!), get shoulder pads prepared, possibly sort out business card, go to Leeds to visit a couple of friends and shops- one with a vintage stall this month.... oh and do a spot of christmas shopping- silly I know but I have been panicking wondering if I'll be able to do it!

Oh and before I go.
Wakefield has a lot going on at the moment. We have the Hepworth and a new shopping centre popping up. I'm checking jobs in both areas and in the local paper visual merchandisers at H&M were advertised. I've had a look on the website and the job is not yet up. I quite fancy it. So I'm going to go to Leeds to look at H&M in a different light as well! I'm looking though. Nothing definite.

I'm going to sleep now.

No comments: