Monday 1 November 2010

Circular webs

So, after one design is done it is easily onto the next one. I don't want to show you too much so I took some screen caps of the work in progress...

Looking a tad like a set of Polo's! I'm drawing out all the lines using circles and maths (once again) to lay it all out so I can then go over them with curved lines to mark the outline of the cuts.

The gold and black lines are where I'm going over the edges where I want the laser to cut. Because of the nature of the design, I could save time in completing one edge and a corner then copying and pasting it to the others.


I don't want you to see too much about what I'm doing so I'm throwing you off scent with the nice colours! Plus it cheered me up! I used them to split the design up to mark out the final cut lines.

I'm not overly keen on this design yet, happy though I am with it in my head, so I'll have to wait and see what the trial run shows up.
This design is probably the one that runs the closest to the lace that inspired this project, using a set of stitches that make spiders. Drawing this technique out it makes circles which is simple but it took me a few attempts to try to draw out spiders!

No comments: