Tuesday 23 November 2010

How very original.

During this year I have looked round for some laser cut jewellery designers and found some...SOME.

Tatty Devine are obvious ones.
Then Holly Fulton had some lovely additions to her fashion collection.
I found a small group on Etsy.
Merle O' Grady goes for the diamante encrusted chandelier jewellery.
There's Blac, based in Manchester
And if you head into Affleck's Palace in Manchester you are faced with a multitude of laser cut jewellery pieces at small prices but are basic.
Danika, based in the US.
Stolen Thunder and Titi Madam who infiltrate JOY stores.
Candace Ang who did some work for Margarite Saplala.
Rebecca Boatfield
Vice and Vanity
Corrie Williamson
Little Shilpa

And there's another but I can't remember her short name!
I thought I only knew of a handful!

Anyway, I came across this little article...
http://blog.ponoko.com/2010/08/19/100-lasercut-jewelry-designers/

Yes, that's 100 Laser cut jewellery designers!
And there's a link to the previous years 40 laser cut designers!

There's plenty to look at and be inspired by but not one is producing work like what I am designing which gives me a little boost!


Next job, find the UK based ones and find how much they sell for and stockists...Hmm yum.

No comments: