Tuesday 21 September 2010

Japanese Warrior

The next cape has many nicknames, at the moment it's the warrior cape.
Taking what I'd figured from the early squares and taking into account the cut sample will be more rigid, I didn't realise the sample would fit like this. Maybe it's ok (any suggestions?) but I like the shoulders and how broad they are and I love how the bottom part hugs the figure on the front and back.
At the front I didn't bargain for the collar to go so low! you'd have to wear something underneath to keep your modesty (if you're a woman who intend to wear this! I'm not going to say any of what I make is specifically for women). But if this was used eg on a photoshoot then I don't see any reason why the model couldn't be a bit nude up top or bottom if so needed! Other than that I kind of like the way the neckline comes so low and hugs the form. It would open up the way for a killer statement necklace to go in that void.

The back looks brilliant, and really shows off the shape of the shoulders. There is movement like on the octo cape but not as much and because there is no detail yet it doesn't show. plus what stands out more is how the piece stands on its own off the shoulders.
This piece really does hark back to my Royal Armouries visit and shows off a definite Japanese feel (it was suggested when I went into uni)

I then started messing with the cubes I'd made filling that void with them but I'm not sure seeing them like this. I'd prefer the cubes to have detail, and be a very different colour opposed to the cape. Or making the cubes out of the octagons? A few ideas. Anyhow, I might show the pieces like this to save space at the interim show.

No comments: