Monday 27 September 2010

Interim Show

ok, So the show has come and gone and despite a low turnout from both exhibitors and visitors I still like what I did! I was quite pleased at how it all looked considering I threw it together in about an hour and didn't use a spirit level to stick up my sheets!
I took up two boards at just over a metre each, this was on the right board
This was on the left board. The sheets up behind were cut from this blog, it was a quick outline as to how I'd got to where I am now.
This is a rather blurry photo. I put the cubes over the warrior cape to cover up the 'lowness' of the cape! I don't think it looks bad either! and at the show in a bit more open atmosphere, they looked quite ok!
The shoulders looked ace though. I really feel as though they are the best piece. They are quite engaging through their patterns and are different. A lot of people complimented them and even my mum said they looked like lace which is where they were inspired from so I was pleased!
I think they should be made a tad bigger for a better scale and statement, these could be a little drowned if they were on a big time photo shoot (dreaming!). The top edges need sorting, one is seamed better than the other but I know this for next time. And the top edges near the seam needs covering up to hide the stitching of the pieces.
I think they work the best because they've been in my head the longest, they've been visualised and pondered about for months so I knew them as I was making them.





No comments: