Tuesday 21 September 2010

Cuboid

The cubes were built at 8cm. I doubled up some of the squares to replicate a 2-3 mm acrylic rather than a 1.5mm card that when built up is quite loose. I eventually tightened all the jump rings to hold the cubes together better.
They are very much a last minute bash at something I don't intend to cover in this collection but it's played on my mind so I've had a go.
Because it's so early on in the thought process I didn't really know how to sample them so I just threw them on the form in different ways to see what happened.


I kind of like the idea of having a couple on a chain round the neck, maybe tied, maybe not so although it's a random picture, think of the cubes on something that goes round the neck. I think they would be better a little smaller.

I think you could get into making hundreds of these of different sizes to go over the top with this. It's also something that can restrict movement although anything you wear changes your behaviour and how to move. Again, these ideas are only the show piece!

No comments: