Tuesday 21 September 2010

Octocape

I had to re-order jump rings to connect all the pieces I needed so many. But eventually I linked all the pieces together, the capes were quicker, taking a few hours but the cubes took nearly two days!
I took it all into uni to pop them back on the mannequin to see how they looked
Octo cape as I've been nicknaming it looks ok, I've decided that I'd prefer this just in octagons, with no detail on the back. The detail is too fine, it doesn't stand out enough, I doubt it would even stand out if I used the bigger squares putting one of the other ideas under threat!
I like how it sits at the front but at the back it's tricky, from far off it looks ok but it looks misshapen up close. The more I look at this picture the more I can see the design flaring out from that flower in the bottom right corner. The mix of squares dropping into octagons doesn't work.
It is also questionable if it needs some kind of fastener, I prefer it like this, just draped, and I've tried it on myself and it stays on easier. This like the others so far is just a showpiece, not something to be worn every day.

No comments: