Thursday 24 February 2011

Glimpse my final show!

So my work is finally up, it's in the studio for marking, you can see from the picture below that it's in the middle of a busy studio full of final years!
The date that it will go into public view is still unknown, but the latest now is that it will go with the undergrad shows in the summer, which is better because more people go to that!

Bit blurred!





I like the shadow on the wall that follows straight into the shadow in the far right picture on the floor. Delicious!


At this point I'd still left some of the labels on above the pieces on the wall!

Me blurb!

Credits!! Can't forget them!

I attempt to do a drawing and piece of writing a day, and much of it fuels my work! It's completely random, or reflective on the day! But some of the stuff I come out with!

"And the palms held out and said come and praise. Explicitly they bared all and said their peace. I hummed all the way back to the river boat, to dora dora johnson and the ethiopian man"

I love reading that back!

To complement the presentation, I put up some of the technical drawings and sketches from development. Here is Adrien in process!


Le Collection!

Here I put down a black and white picture that I took on my jollies last year, its the shadows of some greenery gracing the black stones of Weybourne station, a place I completely love.

This picture is features twice. because it just has to be! With the lace running down the left (see above) it has a touch of religion about it! Yes. It's Iconic.


Another interesting piece of writing, hidden in the presentation by the ribbons, but the writing is scary but fantastic and it speaks of the madman!

"And the madman danced in time, laughing at the line made between me and you. He says we are fools. Only to be fed at set times. He tells me I'm an idiot and you, silly, but we are made for each other. You are not the kings of said wands, you are the king of gold."

Anyone wishing to interpret what I'm talking about cos I haven't got a clue!


Doodle of how I wanted an image to look!



"So what do you sat when a dagger is cast upon the screen and thrown from the bless'ed book on the shelf breathing down and blowing the stories in to the future and beyond the spiral stream avec pattern"

Some more writing!


'The Disguise of the Madman'

I have tried to upload a video too but it won't have any!

So I hope so far it looks good, I'm happy with it, for me the vinyl lettering just finished it off! 
The photographs are just so good I couldn't go ahead with my original plan! -that was to put all the images on the floor and more sketchbook images all around the main images, but they stood out so well on their own and after I laid it all out on the floor below, I really liked it like that, a bit like a studio. They really do say what I want to say about the collection I have made through an image! (something I've babbled on in my thesis about!) 

So a big thank you to Anthony Farrimond (Photographer extroadinaire), Ashley Sutcliffe (Model that would like some representation!) and Natalie Greenwell (- Make-up Artiste! Any links I can attach for Natalie??) for my photographs.  
Plus, if you're reading this and you want some killer images like mine, then I highly recommend everyone listed above!!

I'm now scurrying with my mum to clear out my room, so my website updating will have to hold on!
I hope this is ok!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine, this exceeds my expectations! Your work looks amazing and it's wonderful to see the illustrations in situ with the pieces too! Good luck this month and bring on September!

Although I'm sure we'll see each other again before then!

~ Anthony

Unknown said...

OoooooOOOOoooooOOOoooooOooh my lord! Catherine this all looks STUNNING! You clever clever girly! I am astounded, it's just amazing!xxxxx

CO9 Cloud said...

Really like your collection! Well done :-)